In 2002 the German government signed an agreement with the Nigeria
Government to support the Nation in terms of Sustainable Economic
Development and Energy.
In keeping that promise, German Society for International Cooperation
(GIZ) partnered with LEAD Resources for the successful implementation of
the pilot edition of the Start-up Loop (Start-up Business Training and
Coaching for SMEs) last year in Ogun State as one of the three states
selected to run the programme, and will be continuing the collaboration
effort in the new and improved Start-up Loop 2019. The Start-up Business
Training and Coaching loop (Start-up Loop) is a business start-up
support for micro, small and medium enterprise (MSMEs) from business
orientation to starting the business. It is a journey of 4 months
designed with training and coaching guidance components to support
potential entrepreneurs to kick-start their business idea.
The benefits of the programme include:
– Business Orientation, mentoring and support
– Customer and market orientation
– Detailed business plan development, viability test and ability to
pitch for investment
– Financing options and linkages
– Personal Entrepreneurial and Business management skills development
– Business linkages and networking
– Internationally recognized certificate etc.
You are requested to apply for this highly competitive programme, if
– Have very innovative ideas, preferably technology driven or enabled
– willing to start a business shortly or already have one not more
than two years.
– Have time to commit to 2-3 days training courses and continuous
short coaching sessions
– Be willing to work with a coach
– Be ready to acquire entrepreneurial and business management skills
Final selected participants will have the opportunity to complete the
training, coaching and mentoring programme, pitch to potential funders
or sponsors and receive a certificate of completion from the German
Society for International Cooperation and LEAD Resources.
The application deadline has been shifted to the 7th of April.