She leads Africa has teamed up with Dark and lovely to upgrade 5 beauty businesses accross Africa. Read on to know what it takes to get on board.
“Growing a business is hard. What’s even harder? Growing your business alone.
- Are you looking to take your beauty business to the next level?
- Do you want to improve your strategy and management skills?
- Do you want to meet beauty industry stakeholders?
- Are you looking to connect with international investors and win $5000 to invest in your business?
About The Dark and Lovely x SLA Beauty Accelerator
The Dark and Lovely x SLA Beauty Accelerator is a 10 week entrepreneurship development program to support early stage entrepreneurs who are building businesses in the beauty industry.
Five entrepreneurs will participate in an intensive program which includes a boot camp in Johannesburg, South Africa and access to business coaches with experience in the skills entrepreneurs need to succeed.
We’re looking for creative businesses all across the beauty industry such as:
- Media: Platforms that make it easier for women to learn beauty techniques, discover new styles and connect with customers
- Products: Physical products that enhance the beauty process
- Technology: Software and services that support the beauty industry
- Retail: Platforms that simplify the buying process for consumers
- And many more…..
- Business based in Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa
- Businesses must have at least one woman aged 18-35 as a founder or owner
- Business has been in operation for less than 3 years
- Business has received no more than $50,000 in external investment
- Business is within the beauty industry
If you’re ready for an incredible business experience, then submit your application before September 1, 2017 at 11:59pm WAT.”