This is a question I’ve been asked not once or twice- “how can I create a sponsored post on Facebook. Hopefully, at the end of this post, you would have understood how to do that.
First, you need a Facebook page and an Instagram for business profile.
Secondly, you need a debit or credit card that is dollar or pounds enabled or a PayPal Nigeria account. (If you want to know how to do this, request a post in a comment below).
Thirdly, you need a strategy. What are you trying to achieve? Awareness, building a community, sales? This will help you in crafting your post.
Fourthly, you need a budget. How much are you willing to spend and for how long?
Lastly, you need a sponsorable post. By this, I mean a post that is interesting enough to catch and keep people’s attention. This could be a picture post, a video, collage and more.
Now let’s go through the steps of creating a sponsored post on Facebook.
1. Go to your Facebook page
2. Create or choose the post you wish to promote. The post must not have any nudity, profanity, racist, or other such attributes. Also, if it’s a picture post, it shouldn’t contain text of more than 30% of its total area.
3. Click on the “boost post” button.
4. Create a button- this is your call to action. What do you want people to do? Sign up, go to your website, buy now?…
5. Create your audience: Facebook allows you to target who you want to see your posts using demographics such as age, sex, interests, location.
6. Choose your budget: you can use as little as $1.
7. Choose your duration: you can sponsor your post for one day or more
8. Fill in your payment details.
9. Boost post. If your Facebook page and Instagram profiles are connected, you will be given the option to run the ad on Instagram as well.
10. Wait for approval.
If your post is approved by facebook, you will get a notification. If not, you will still be notified and told why so you can make adjustments.
If you have any questions relating to Digital media: Social Media, web, Digital CRM (bulk SMS, newsletters…), Content creation and more, please drop them in the comments section below.