Win up to $100,000 in the Princess Sabeeka Bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa Global Award for Women’s Empowerment
The award aims to:
- Highlight the contribution of the public and private sector, civil society and women’s rights champions to worldwide efforts for the achievement of gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
- Promote women’s empowerment and equality between men and women.
- Encourage innovative approaches and solutions to achieve women’s empowerment in policy and programming, and to provide a global space to celebrate these achievements.
- Foster creative and inclusive thinking by communities to collaborate to achieve women’s empowerment, recognizing that equality for all, means prosperity for all and sustainable development for communities and nations.
Individual women’s empowerment champions, civil society, public and private institutions are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be accepted until August 31, 2018 (GMT+3). Apply online from April 2018.
Eligibility criteria for all 4 categories is listed below:
- Have introduced a new concept for women’s empowerment aligned to sustainable development goals, and goal 5 in particular, the Beijing Platform for Action, CEDAW and other global instruments related to women´s empowerment, in the context of our organization/country/region;
- Have used creativity and innovation to address challenges of gender inequality, using new solutions to address old problems;
- Are able to measure change as a result of our work on women´s empowerment;
Get more information about the award and apply here