open call for applications will run until 31 March 2019.
In 2019, seven Young Champions of the Earth will be selected from each global region: one from each of Africa, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, North America, West Asia, and two from Asia and the Pacific. Each winner will receive the following:
- US$15,000 in seed funding;
- US$ 9,000 in funding to communicate and capture your idea and broadcast the stories of hope and change that you’re catalyzing on the ground.
- Attendance at a high-level UN meeting;
- An introduction to dignitaries at the Champions of the Earth Award Ceremony;
- Publicity and recognition through interviews and online and global media;
- Access to a community of Covestro experts offering insights and mentoring; and
- Participation in an entrepreneurial training program.
The 2019 Young Champions will be required to share their journeys through blogs and vlogs posted on this website for a period of up to one year.
Are you ready to rise up?
If you have a bright vision for the future of our planet, perhaps you could become a Young Champion of the Earth!
So what is your big idea? It might be a grassroots campaign to promote low-carbon transport; a slick app to increase ecological literacy; a tree-planting crusade to restore a degraded catchment; a festival of art showcasing nature’s marvels; a technology to save and recycle scarce water resources; a financial tool to facilitate access to clean energy; or a new method of community-based natural resource management.
Eligibility & Limitations
To be eligible to enter the 2019 Young Champions of the Earth competition (hereafter referred to as “the Competition”), applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 30 on 31 December 2019.
Additionally, each applicant must have at least 6 months of prior experience working on their environmental project.
For more details and to apply, visit the official website of